HANOVER, N.H. – The Merrimack College men’s track & field team had a ninth place finish at the New England Outdoor Championships over the weekend, while setting a few school records along the way.
Date: Friday & Saturday, May 11-12, 2018
Event: Northeast England Outdoor Championships
Location: Hanover, N.H. |Dartmouth College
- Senior John Braga was the New England Champion in the decathlon with a school and personal record score of 7,064 points. He is currently eighth on the National Championship Division II provisional qualifier list.
- Freshman Patrick Forrest set a pair of school records in the finals of the 200m (21.65) and 400m (48.03) dashes, while finishing second in each event. He scored a team-high 16.25 points at the meet.
- The 4×400-relay team placed eighth in the event with a time of 3:19.68.the team consisted of Forrest, Jacob Robinson, Connor Murphy, and Eric Rosario.
- Sophomore Ryan Nesta scored in the 110m hurdle with a time of 15.44 seconds.
- Senior Keith Steinbrecher placed fifth in the 3000m steeplechase and just behind three division one programs. He was the top Division II athlete in the event.
- Senior Lauren MacGregor placed third in the triple jump (11.61m) as the top Division II athlete in the event.
- Junior Sophie Gorton set a school record in the 3000m steeplechase, finishing with a time of 11:32.54.
- Sophomore Katherine Ferrara set a new personal record and second fastest time in Merrimack program history in the 5K event with a time of 18:10.80.
The Warriors will await the selection of the 2018 NCAA Division II Outdoor selections this week. The NCAA Championships will be on May 24-26 in Charlotte, North Carolina at Johnson C. Smith University.