Merrimack Women’s Soccer Tops Le Moyne
SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Merrimack College women’s soccer team pulled off a 2-1 overtime victory against Le Moyne on Saturday afternoon from Ted Grant Field on a golden goal by junior Taylor Cogliano (Bellingham, Mass.) just over two minutes into the extra time.
Score: Merrimack 2, Le Moyne 1
Records: Merrimack (6-7, 3-7 NE10) | Le Moyne (4-9, 3-7 NE10)
Location: Ted Grant Field | Syracuse, N.Y.
How It Happened
- 4′ – Senior Mia Reed (Essex Junction, Vt.) took Merrimack’s first shot of the game missing just left of the net.
- The game remained scoreless in the first half totaling 13 shots between the two teams. The closest Merrimack got was a shot by junior Tori Daigle(Dayton, Maine.) in the eighth minute that hit the post.
- 53′ – Le Moyne took the first goal of the game with a shot from Adela Racic.
- 59′ – A handball was called in the box and junior Gigi Guenther (Webster, Mass.) took the penalty kick for Merrimack, tying the game at one.
- The second half ended with a 1-1 and the game went into overtime.
- 93′ – Cogliano scored in overtime to give the Warriors the victory.
Inside The Numbers
- Sophomore keeper Erin Fulton (Farmington, Conn.) set a season-high with eleven saves.
- It was Guenther’s third goal in two games.
- Keeper records: Erin Fulton (W, 3-2) // Anastasija Cumika (L, 4-9)
- Shots (SOG): MER – 9 (2) // LEM – 18 (12)
- Corners: MER – 2 // LEM – 8
The Warriors will travel to New Haven, Connecticut on Tuesday for a 7 p.m. NE10 contest against the Southern Connecticut State University Owls.