NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College field hockey program played Northeastern University for the first time on Wednesday, dropping a 7-0 contest to the Huskies at Dedham Field in non-conference play.
Score: Northeastern 7, Merrimack 0
Records: Merrimack (0-7) | Northeastern (5-2)
Location: Dedham Field | Dedham, Mass.
- Graduate student Katharina Ohmen made five of her nine saves in the opening quarter, but Northeastern took an early 2-0 lead after 15 minutes. The Huskies scored once more in the second quarter, but Merrimack recorded its first two shots of the night, getting back into the contest
- Northeastern came out strong in the second half, however, netting a pair of goals in the third and fourth quarters to claim victory
- Freshman goalie Abbie Ortyl played the most minutes of her young career, making three saves in relief
Notes and Figures
- After scoring on Sunday at Dartmouth, senior Lindsey Nolte led Merrimack by recording two of the team’s five shots on the night
- Ohmen and Ortyl combined for 12 saves; the former recorded nine stops while all three of Ortyl’s came in the fourth quarter
The Warriors are back in action on Saturday afternoon, when Merrimack visits on Maine for a 1 p.m. contest up in Orono, Maine.