|Matchup||Merrimack (2-12) vs
Fairfield University (12-2)
|Date/Time||Saturday, October 26, 2019 (2 p.m.)|
|Venue||Memorial Stadium, // Durham, NH.|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Twitter|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – Merrimack College Field Hockey heads to Durham, New Hampshire to play Fairfield University at UNH, set to honor the teams’ seven seniors for Senior Day. Seniors Alexis Miedico, Alex Mondini, Lindsey Nolte, Colleen Slattery, Miranda Judd, Katharina Ohmen and Jessica Palmer will all be recognized before the game.
Five Things to Know:
- Senior Miranda Judd leads the Warriors with four assists when she set her season-high during the last match against Providence.
- Junior Colleen Ellis looks to add another tally against NEC competition, with all three of her goals coming in conference play.
- Senior goalkeeper Katharina Ohmen leads the NEC in saves per game with 11.5 and save percentage at .784. She enters Saturday’s contest sitting on 481 saves, looking to become the third goalie in Merrimack history with 500 saves.
- Fairfield players, Freshman Julianna Kartz recently collected her third NEC Rookie of the Week award, and Junior Emma Matlach claimed her first NEC Offensive Player of the Week award as the duo helped the team win a pair of overtime games.
- The Fairfield Stags are coming into the match following a Thursday road game at Wagner, coming off of two overtime road wins.
Inside the Matchup:
|Merrimack (2-12)||Category||Fairfield (12-2)|
|Colleen Ellis (6)||Leading Scorer||Danielle Profita (18)|
|Ellis (3)||Goals Leader||Danielle Profita (6)|
|Miranda Judd (4)||Assists Leader||Profita/ Julianna Kratz (6)|
|Bridget Shanahan (2)||Defensive Saves Leader||Three players tied (1)|
|Katharina Ohmen (3.36)||GAA Leader||Zoe Rosen (1.27)|
|Ohmen (.779)||Save Percentage Leader||Rosen (.743)|
The Warriors will travel to Staten Island, N.Y on Friday, November 1 to visit Wagner at 4:00 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.