Links: Box Score
HANOVER, N.H. – Senior Lindsey Nolte became the fourth different member of the Merrimack College field hockey program to score this season on Sunday at Dartmouth, but the Warriors dropped a 4-1 contest to the Big Green at Chase Field. Dartmouth improved to 2-4 while Merrimack fell to 0-6 on the young season.
Score: Dartmouth 4, Merrimack 1
Records: Merrimack (0-6) | Dartmouth (2-4)
Location: Chase Field | Hanover, N.H.
- The Warriors absorbed early early goal from the Big Green to play right with Dartmouth over the first 30 minutes. Graduate student Katharina Ohmen made two first-half saves as Merrimack contained the hosts to three shots on goal over the first two quarters
- Merrimack made an early push in the third quarter; senior captain Miranda Judd attempted a shot early in the quarter off a penalty corner, but fired the shot wide. The fourth quarter arrived with Merrimack still behind, 1-0
- Thirty seconds into the fourth, Dartmouth doubled its lead. The Big Green made it a 3-0 contest until Nolte answered to pull Merrimack within two, 3-1. The final minute saw Dartmouth add on one more tally to complete the scoring
Notes and Figures
- Nolte netted her the 12th goal of her career; the senior forward totaled a career-high six goals last season
- Freshman Jane Bonazzoli setup Nolte’s goal, recording her first career collegiate point
- Ohmen finished the day with 10 saves, her fourth game in double figures this season. She sits on 385 saves for her career, 15 within 400. Only two players in Merrimack’s history own 400 career saves
Merrimack plays two more non-conference games this week beginning with a visit to Northeastern on Wednesday at 6 p.m. in Dedham, Mass.