STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – The Merrimack College field hockey program lost its final Northeast Conference (NEC) game of the season on Friday, 5-0, on Saturday at the Wagner Field Hockey Complex.
Score: Wagner 5, Merrimack 0
Records: Merrimack (2-14, 1-5 NEC) | Wagner (2-11, 1-5 NEC)
Location: Stanten Island, N.Y. | Wagner Field Hockey Complex
- After eight-plus scoreless minutes, Wagner scored its first goal of the day on a shot from the left side of the attacking zone. Merrimack pressured late in the final minute with two shots, but could not score
- The Seahawks added their second early in the second quarter. They added another to take a 3-0 lead into halftime
- Ohmen’s milestone moment came as part of a four-save third quarter. Nearing five minutes to play until the fourth, Ohmen made a stop that made her the third student-athlete in program history to reach 500 career saves
- Freshman Wilma Neumann registered a pair of shots in the fourth quarter, making a bid for her second goal of the season
Notes and Figures
- Ohmen became the third goalkeeper in school history with 500 career saves, joining Kerri Bergquist ’12 and Amy Larrabee ’07. Bergquist owns the school record with 637 stops
- The graduate season increased her career-best single-season total to 184 saves, and needs 13 more in Sunday’s season finale to set a new Merrimack single-season record
The Warriors wrap up the regular season on Sunday at Yale at 2 p.m.