NEW HAVEN, Conn. – Junior Jessica Palmer netted two second-half goals and the #3 Merrimack College field hockey team recorded a 3-1 win over Southern Connecticut State on Saturday afternoon at Jess Dow Field.
Score: #3 Merrimack 3, Southern Conn. 1
Records: #3 Merrimack (11-1, 7-0 NE10) | Southern Conn. (0-13, 0-8 NE10)
Location: New Haven, Conn. | Jess Dow Field
- SCSU (1-0) – Southern Connecticut opened the scoring to take a 1-0 lead in the fourth minute
- MC (1-1) – Senior Delaney Yule notched an equalizing goal in the 22nd minute, marking her second straight game with a point for the Warriors
- MC (2-1) – Less than five minutes into the second half, Palmer put the Warriors in front with her first goal of the afternoon
- MC (3-1) – Palmer reentered the offensive effort with a goal six minutes later. Palmer scored on a shot from the left side, giving the Warriors breathing room in the second half
- With her effort, Palmer moved into second on the Warriors with six goals and 14 points
- Yule became the 10th Warrior this season with a multi-goal performance
Notes and Notables
- Merrimack owned a commanding 46-8 lead in shots, including a 29-4 advantage in shots on goal
- The Warriors’ 10-game winning streak is the second longest in program history, trailing only the 17-game run put forth by the 2011 squad
- Entering the contest as the leader nationwide in penalty corners, Merrimack owned a 24-5 lead in corners
The Warriors conclude a three-game road swing on Tuesday when Merrimack visits Saint Michael’s on Tuesday at 3 p.m.