North Andover, Mass. – Senior Baker Senoga set the tone in the 17th minute when he lined up in the deep corner. When the ball left his foot it bent into the back of the net. The goal was Senoga’s first of his career. Later in the game sophomore Tola Showunmi added his sixth goal of the season to solidify the win and perfect conference season for the Warriors.
With the win this afternoon over Bryant University the Merrimack College men’s soccer team completed a perfect conference regular season. The Warriors went 9-0 in Northeast Conference (NEC) play, winning by a 25-2 goal deferential. Due to NCAA transition restrictions the Warriors will not be able to compete in the conference postseason tournament.
Score: Merrimack 2, Bryant 0
Records: Merrimack (11-3-1) | Bryant (8-7)
Location: Martone-Mejail Field | North Andover, Mass.
- Senoga scored the first goal of his Merrimack career off a corner kick that he bent in during the 17th minute
- The only scoring opportunity for Bryant came off a shot by Andrew Buss that was saved by grad student goalkeeper Lucas Rezende
- Showunmi increased the Warriors lead in the 69th minute after a great touch by Marc Torrellas that found is foot. Showunmi found the back of the net for the sixth time this season.
Stats & Figures
- The Merrimack defense held Bryant to only one shot on the afternoon
- Senior Aasmund Joedahl and senior Kevin Esper both had two shots on goal during this afternoon’s contest
- Rezende earned his 8th shutout of the season
Merrimack has concluded its 2019 season and looks forward to another year of great NEC action at Martone-Mejail field next fall.