Score: Merrimack 2, Fairleigh Dickinson 1
Records: Merrimack (10-3-1) | Fairleigh Dickinson (6-8-2)
Location: Martone-Mejail Field | North Andover, Mass.
- The Warriors first goal was scored early on in the 5th minute when freshman Alessandro Negri came streaking down the side and kick a cross to senior Aasmund Joedahl who headed it past the Fairleigh Dickinson goalkeeper.
- The Knights struck back right before the end of the half in the 43rd minute. Peter Kozlej scored to give Fairleigh Dickinson momentum heading into halftime.
- Things remained tied until late in the 2nd overtime period. Junior Filippo Begliardi Ghidini drew a foul on the Fairleigh Dickinson goalkeeper to give Merrimack an opportunity for a penalty kick. Nufi lined the kick up and knocked it home to give the Warriors a 2-1 and a regular-season conference championship.
Stats & Figures
- The game-winner by Nufi is his third of the season all via penalty kicks.
- In addition to his assist, Negri had two shots on goal in the game which tied him for the lead with Gianluca Arlotti
- Merrimack had 21 shots compared to Fairleigh Dickinson’s four
- The Knights received two yellow cards during the game
Merrimack concludes their regular season on Sunday, November 10th. It is senior day at Martone-Mejail field. Kickoff is set for 1p.m.