SYRACUSE, N.Y. – # 22 Le Moyne used three second half goals to steal a win from Merrimack College, with a 3-2 final Saturday afternoon.
Score: Merrimack 3, #22 Le Moyne, 2
Records: Merrimack (6-2-0) | #22 Le Moyne (7-2-0)
Location: Ted Grant Field |Syracuse, N.Y.
How it Happened
- Merrimack started the game with a head of steam, coming off the Tuesday night win over Stonehill. It took just ten minutes before the Warriors struck first, applying pressure on the #22 Dolphins. After a Le Moyne foul, freshman Filippo Begliardi Ghidini bent the set piece in from just outside the box to make it 1-0.
- The Warriors took the lead into halftime, and were holding the clean sheet up until the 55th minute. Marek Weber took a ball just inside the 18 and was able to finish it into the bottom left side of the net.
- Le Moyne took the lead back in the 63rd minute. Salar Faryar netted his tenth goal of the season after breaking away on a through ball and finishing a low show into the side netting.
- In the 69th minute, the Dolphins tacked on another. On a cross in from Robert Rohrirsch, Weber tallied his second goal of the game and eighth of the season with a header inside the box.
- Three minutes later, the Warriors battled back to cut the deficit. A shot inside the right post from Ghidini gave the Warriors their second goal, making it interesting with 15 minutes left.
- The Dolphins held on for the final 15 minutes, despite great pressure from Merrimack.
Notes and Numbers
- Merrimack gave up three goals, the most this season.
- It was Ghidini’s first multi-goal game of the year.
- Keeper records: L- Tyler Packett (2 Saves, 6-2-0,) // W – Josh Mahr (2 Saves, 7-2-0)
- Shots (SOG): MER – 10 (4) // LM – 6 (4)
- Corners: MER – 0 // LM – 2
The Warriors are home Wednesday, October 3rd, for a make-up game against new Haven. Kick-off is slated for 7 p.m.