– This will be the first-ever nationally-televised and high definition broadcast of a game from Lawler Arena.
– Merrimack is 19-6-3 lifetime against Union. The two teams have not met since 2004 and not since 2002 at Merrimack. MC is 11-2-1 lifetime at Lawler.
– With a 35-12-6 record since the start of last season, Merrimack is tied with Yale for the fewest losses in the country. They are fourth in winning percentage (.717) and sixth in wins. Senior goaltender Joe Cannata has been in goal for 34 of the 35 wins.
– With a goals-against average of 1.75 and a save percentage of .936, Joe Cannata leads Hockey East in both categories and ranks 4th and 3rd nationally.
– With a 5-1-1 record at home, Merrimack is 13-1-1 at Lawler in its last 15 dating back to last year and is 31-6-3 at home since the start of the 2009-10 season. The Warriors lost on home ice on 12/3/11 for the first time since 1/21/11 (Lowell – 316 days between losses).