Links: Box Score (Game 1) | Box Score (Game 2)
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.– The Merrimack softball team had a pair of tough losses in Florida, losing to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits 12-0 on Sunday morning before falling 6-0 to the Ohio Bobcats in the afternoon.
Score: Game 1: Merrimack 0, South Dakota State 12 | Final (5 inn.)
Score: Game 2: Merrimack 0, Ohio 6 | Final
Location: Madeira Beach R.O.C Complex | Madeira Beach, Fla.
Rapid Recap (Game One)
- After a double brought in the game’s first run in the first inning, South Dakota rallied for a five-run second, Lindsey Culver hit a home run, followed by a double by Cylie Halvorson to bring in two. Kelsey Lenox sailed a two-run homer to center for a 5-0 Jackrabbits lead.
- Culver would go yard again for SDSU in the third, with Halvorson scorching a double that would bring in three. She would be singled in by Mia Elliott for another five run half inning.
- South Dakota’s offense went yard one more time on the day, with Paige Gerdes hitting a homer in the fourth inning.
Rapid Recap (Game Two)
- Ohio got the offense on the afternoon with a home run to right center in the top of the second, before another run was singled in in the top of the third.
- After a pair of hits put two aboard in the top of the fifth, a run was brought in on a ground ball to give the Bobcats a 3-0 lead. A double to center would put two more on before the end of the inning.
- The Bobcats added their final run of the game as the runner came in from third on a rundown following a grounder to second.
- Four players earned hits for the Warriors, as Lucy Colarusso, Jordyn Montoya, Amber Gibbons and Danielle Carmody all reached base.
Notes and Numbers
Merrimack will take a few days off before playing the Chattanooga Mocs in a single contest in Clearwater, Fla. on March 11, with first pitch at 11 a.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.