Links: Box Score (Game 1) | Box Score (Game 2)
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. — The Merrimack College softball team dropped both games of the doubleheader against Sacred Heart on Wednesday in Connecticut.
Score: Game 1: Merrimack 2, Sacred Heart 4 | Final
Score: Game 2: Merrimack 2, Sacred Heart 8 | Final
Records: Merrimack (6-14, 4-8 NEC) | Sacred Heart (6-10, 4-4 NEC)
Location: Pioneer Park | Fairfield, Conn.
Rapid Recap (Game One)
- Sacred Heart scored in the first on a two-run home run to take a lead before the Warriors retired the side.
- Merrimack got on the board in the fourth, getting runners on first and second after Courtney Lanpher reached on a fielder’s choice before Madison Cerpa singled through the right side. Lanpher moved to third on a passed ball and came in to score on a grounder to short by Olivia Crowley.
- The Pioneers doubled their lead in the bottom of the fifth. A leadoff single was brought in on a triple to left, before a double to center made it 4-1 for SHU.
- The Warriors pressured late as Olivia Crowley and Gabby Comeau worked back-to-back walks with two outs. Hannah Scarano, pinch hitting, worked a walk to load the bases before Kelly Dovi walked for an RBI and the second run for Merrimack.
Rapid Recap (Game Two)
- Merrimack took a lead in the third, with Nicole Koshes working a lead off single to center. Koshes advanced on a grounder before Sarah Reisler walked to put runners on the corners. Abigail Amato sailed a double to right to bring in two runs.
- Sacred Heart tied the game in the bottom of the third with a leadoff walk brought in on a double, before a second double brought in the equalizer.
- The Pioneers added in the fifth with a three run home run before adding three runs on four hits in the sixth.
Notes and Numbers
- Game 1: WP – Olivia Vadas (2-3) | SV—Colleen Walsh (1) | LP – Bry Michitson (1-4)
- Game 2: WP – Colleen Walsh (2-3) | LP – Madie Fornwalt (2-4)
Merrimack will continue on the road, traveling to compete at Long Island University over the weekend with games at 1:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.