|Matchup||Merrimack (0-6) vs.
Holy Cross(0-5) // St. Bonaventure (0-2) // Quinnipiac (0-5) // South Dakota State (8-6) // Ohio (8-12)
|Dates//Times||Friday, Mar. 6, 2020 // 9 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
Saturday Mar. 7, 2020 // 7p.m.
Sunday, Mar. 8, 2020 // 9 a.m. & 2 p.m.
|Venue||Madeira Beach, Fla.|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Watch // Twitter // Instagram|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College softball team returns to Florida, as the Warriors will play six games over the course of three days as part of the second round of The Spring Games tournament. Merrimack take on Holy Cross (9 a.m.) and St. Bonaventure (11:30 a.m.) Friday, followed by Quinnipiac (7 p.m.) Saturday, and will end the weekend against South Dakota State (9 a.m.) and Ohio (2 p.m.) Sunday.
Five Things to Know:
- Junior utility player Abigail Amato earned an NEC Prime Performer on Feb. 25 after smacking six hits, including three doubles, and an RBI in the team’s first six games of the season.
- Lucy Colarusso holds the team leading batting average at .412, with seven hits and two RBI.
- Freshman Courtney Lanpher started in all six of the games in Florida, earning a hit and a run in 16 at-bats.
- Five players have hit for extra bases, with Amato, Colarusso, and Catherine Kingman earning doubles, a triple by Zoe Driscoll-Sbar as well as a home run by Kelly Dovi.
- Merrimack set a season high in hits for in a game against Cornell on Feb. 22, which the Warriors cashed in for six runs—another team-best for the year.
The Warriors will continue their spring break trip in Florida, in action from March 11 to 14. The team will take on the Chattanooga Mocs in Clearwater, Fla. on Wednesday, March 11 before another round in Madeira Beach on March 12-14.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.