Links: Box Score
CLEARWATER, Fla.– The Merrimack softball team in a single game nail biter against the Chattanooga Mocs, falling 2-1 in Florida on Wednesday afternoon.
Pitcher Bridget Soraghan was stellar in her complete game effort, but the Warriors bats were held to six hits and a run.
Score: Merrimack 1, Chattanooga 2 | Final
Location: Eddie C. Moore Softball Complex | Clearwater, Fla.
- Chattanooga got its two runs of the day in the top of the first. Starting with a leadoff double, the Mocs put two aboard on a fielding error. Both were brought in by a single to right center to give a 2-0 lead.
- Nicole Koshes would single aboard in the bottom of the second and was left on base. In the bottom of the third, Kelly Dovi singled but was caught stealing to end the bottom of the third.
- The Warriors got on the board in the bottom of the fourth. Abigial Amato had a leadoff single up the middle and moved over to second on a sac bunt by Lucy Colarusso. Gabby Comeau grounded to second, advancing Amato to third, and Koshes singled Amato in for the run.
- The Warriors would get hits from Courtney Lanpher in the fifth and Colarusso in the bottom of the sixth, but both were left stranded on the base paths.
- Soraghan had five strikeouts on the afternoon, paired with only one walk and no earned runs for her full game appearance. She had 10 fly outs and five groundouts in seven innings.
Notes and Numbers
Merrimack will return to Madeira Beach, Fla. on Thursday to compete against the Toledo Rockets at noon, before facing the Central Michigan Chippewas at 5 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.