NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – In the team’s first-ever Division I contests, the Merrimack softball team dropped a pair of games against the Manhattan Jaspers and Colgate Raiders in The Spring Games in Madeira Beach, Fla. on Friday.
Score: Game 1: Merrimack 1, Manhattan 14 | Final
Score: Game 2: Merrimack 4, Colgate 10 | Final
Location: Madiera Beach R.O.C Complex | Madeira Beach, Fla.
Rapid Recap (Game One)
- Both teams were held off of the board through the first three innings until Manhattan struck first in the top of the third, with three triples hitting up on the board for the Jaspers to take a 4-0 lead.
- Merrimack scored its first Division I run in the bottom of the sixth as Zoe Driscoll-Sbar tripled to lead off the inning, and was brought in on a sac fly by Tiffany Mangiameli.
- Manhattan ended the game with a seven run seventh inning for the game’s 14-1 final.
Rapid Recap (Game Two)
- Merrimack took a lead in the third as Kelly Dovi singled and advanced to second on a throwing error, bringing in Courtney Lanpher who walked aboard and Tiffany Mangiameli who singled to get on to give Merrimack a 2-1 lead.
- The team added a third run as Lucy Colarusso singled to third and scored Dovi who singled on, reaching second on the play to give Merrimack a 3-1 lead.
- Colgate rattled off five wins in the third inning to take a lead it wouldn’t relinquish.
- Dovi added to her game total, smacking a home run to center field in the fifth inning.
Notes and Numbers
The Warriors will continue in The Spring Games on Saturday taking on Cornell at 4 p.m. and Albany at 6:30 p.m. before a pair of Sunday morning games against South Dakota at 9 a.m. Sunday and 11:30 a.m. against Providence.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.