|Matchup||Merrimack (16-8, 9-4 NEC) at
Bryant (8-15, 6-6 NEC)
|Date/Time||Monday, February 16, 2020 / 2 p.m.|
|Venue||Chace Athletic Center// Smithfield, R.I.|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Watch // Twitter // Instagram|
Five Things to Know:
1. With four games left in the season senior Denia Davis-Stewart is still leading the NEC in three categories. She is averaging the most points (18.3), rebounds (13.3), and blocks per game (4.3). She is the only player in the conference averaging double figures points and rebounds. The fourth-year player is also leading the conference in total points with 421, which is 86 more then any other NEC foe. Her 101 blocks on the season is good enough for second best in the country.
2. Sophomore guard Kate Mager is leading the conference in three-point percentage (.438) and three-pointers made (63). Mager is currently the only player in the conference shooting for 40% from long range. She is also currently leading the conference in three-point attempts with 144 on the year. She ranks 11th in the conference in points per game with 11.5 on the season. Mager is tied with Davis-Stewart for most minutes played with year with 838.
3. Freshman guard Jayme DeCesare the conference in assist/turnover ratio. The first-year point guard has a 2.2 ratio on the season, which includes 79 assists to only 37 turnovers. She also ranks fourth in assists (79), fifth in three-point percentage (.376), and 22nd in points (9.7). DeCesare is the only Warrior freshman with over 600 minutes played this season.
4. Freshman Kaylee Thomas is shooting 81% from the free throw line this season. In her first year as a Warrior she is also averaging six points per game in 20 contests. Thomas is knocking down shots at a 41% clip, which ranks her second on the team
5. Bryant is currently 8-15 on the season. Senior Sydney Holloway is leading the team in scoring with 11.5 points per game.
Scouting the Opposition
|Merrimack (16-8)||Stat Category||Bryant (8-15)|
|68.0||Points Per Game||58.1|
|59.3||Points Allowed Per Game||64.9|
|.398||Field Goal Percentage||.367|
|.360||Three-Point FG Percentage||.284|
|39.4||Rebounds Per Game||38.2|
|Denia Davis Stewart (18.3 ppg)||Points Leader||Sydney Holloway (11.5 ppg)|
|Davis-Stewart (13.3 rpg)||Rebounds Leader||Holloway (9.2 rpg)|
|Jayme DeCesare (3.3 apg)||Assists Leader||Masey Zegarowski (2.2 apg)|
|Courtney Clasen (1.9 spg)||Steals Leader||Trinity Bravo (1.8 spg)|
|Davis-Stewart (4.3 bpg)||Blocks Leader||Brooke Bjelko (0.8 bpg)|
The Warriors come back home to take on Sacred Heart on Friday afternoon. Tipoff is set for 12:30 p.m.