|Matchup||Merrimack (4-3) at
Fisher College (7-5)
|Date/Time||Wednesday, December 4, 2019 // 7 p.m.|
|Venue||Hammel Court // North Andover, Mass|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Watch // Twitter // Instagram|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women’s basketball team will face Fisher College on Wednesday, December 4th at 7 p.m. The Warriors head into December with a 4-3 record in their first Division I season. Senior Denia Davis-Stewart and sophomore Kate Mager are both averaging double-digits in points after the first month. Davis-Stewart is averaging 17.1 points to go along with her 11.7 rebounds a game and Mager is averaging 12.6 points a game after leading the team in scoring during the last two contests.
Five Things to Know:
- Davis-Stewart is not only leading the team in points and rebounds, but she is also leading in blocks. Her 6.0 blocks per game average is currently the best in the country. She also has 42 blocks total on the season, which is also good enough for top shot blocker in Division I.
- Mager has led the Warriors in scoring their past two games against Holy Cross and Brown. During her two-game streak Mager is shooting 57% from the field which includes going 8-14 from deep. Last week she was selected as a Northeast Conference (NEC) prime performer for her 21-point game against Brown.
- Freshman point guard Jayme DeCesare continues to have a stellar first season with the Warriors handling the ball. She has 24 assists and only six turnovers through seven games. DeCesare also has 10 steals on the season, which ties her for second on the team.
- The Warriors are currently shooting 81.3% from the free throw line, which ranks them fourth in the country behind Portland State, William and Mary, and Lipscomb.
- Fisher College is currently 7-5 on the season. Senior Vivian Lara leads the team in scoring, averaging 14.3 points a game for the Falcons.
Scouting the Opposition
|Merrimack (4-3)||Stat Category||Fisher College (7-5)|
|65.6||Points Per Game||58.5|
|60.3||Points Allowed Per Game||50.6|
|.355||Field Goal Percentage||.351|
|.343||Three-Point FG Percentage||.246|
|40.9||Rebounds Per Game||38.8|
|Denia Davis Stewart (17.3 ppg)||Points Leader||Vivian Lara (14.3 ppg)|
|Davis-Stewart (11.7 rpg)||Rebounds Leader||Jenny Lynn-Eggers (6.4 rpg)|
|Jayme DeCesare (3.3 apg)||Assists Leader||Lauren Allen (3.8 apg)|
|Courtney Clasen (1.6 spg)||Steals Leader||Lara (2.5 spg)|
|Davis-Stewart (6.0 bpg)||Blocks Leader||Two tied (0.5 bpg)|
The Warriors head to the University of Illinois to take on the Illini. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. and will be streamed on the BTN+.