|Matchup||Merrimack (1-1) at
|Date/Time||Wednesday, November 13, 2019 // 8 p.m.|
|Venue||Leede Arena // Hanover, N.H.|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Watch // Twitter // Instagram|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women’s basketball team will travel to Hanover, N.H. and take on the Big Green of Dartmouth College. The game will be played at Leede Arena and tips off at 8 p.m. The game will also be broadcasted on ESPN+. The Warriors enter the game with a 1-1 record after a win over UMass and a loss to Lehigh in their first two games of the season.
Five Things to Know:
- Senior Denia Davis-Stewart was awarded NEC Player of the Week after a strong start to the season posting a line of 28.0 PPG and 14.5 RPG through her first two contests which is good enough to rank her seventh and eighth in the country for those categories. Davis-Stewart is also currently leading the country in blocks game with 8.5 through the Warriors first two games of the season.
- Freshman guard Jayme DeCesare posted the best game of her career on Saturday afternoon scoring 17 points, pulling down three rebounds, and dishing seven assists. She also hit the three that tied the game up last in the fourth quarter.
- Sophomore guard Kate Mager is currently ranked sixth in the Northeast Conference (NEC) in scoring with 16 points per game and field goal percentage which is at .476.
- Graduate student forward Courtney Clasen has been very impressive for the Warriors so far leading the team in steals with five and ranks second on the team in rebounds per game with 6.5.
- Dartmouth won its only game of the season so far defeating Vermont by a score of 72-55. Last season, the Big Green finished with a record of 13-14.
Scouting the Opposition
|Merrimack (1-1)||Stat Category||Dartmouth (1-0)|
|73.5||Points Per Game||72.0|
|68.0||Points Allowed Per Game||55.0|
|.445||Field Goal Percentage||.500|
|.429||Three-Point FG Percentage||.313|
|38.5||Rebounds Per Game||40.0|
|Denia Davis Stewart (28.0 ppg)||Points Leader||Anna Luce (20.0 ppg)|
|Davis-Stewart (14.5 rpg)||Rebounds Leader||Paula Lenart (8.0 rpg)|
|Jayme DeCesare (5.5 apg)||Assists Leader||Annie McKenna (5.0 apg)|
|Courtney Clasen (2.5 spg)||Steals Leader||Luce, McKenna (2.0 spg)|
|Davis-Stewart (8.5 bpg)||Blocks Leader||Luce (2.0 bpg)|
The Warriors will host New Hampshire on Saturday, November 16 at Hammel Court. The tipoff is set for 8 p.m.