|Matchup||Merrimack (9-6, 2-2 NEC) vs.
Mount St. Mary’s (8-7, 3-0 NEC)
|Date/Time||Monday, January 13, 2020 // 7 p.m.|
|Venue||Hammel Court // North Andover, Mass.|
|Multimedia||Live Stats // Watch // Twitter // Instagram|
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack College women’s basketball team will host Mount St. Mary’s University on Monday night on Hammel Court. The Warriors are coming fresh off of two Northeast Conference (NEC) victories over Bryant and Central Connecticut State. The Mount is currently 3-0 in conference play with wins over Wagner, Long Island, and Bryant. The game will be the first time that both teams face each other for a women’s basketball game.
Five Things to Know:
- Through the first four games of conference play senior forward Denia Davis-Stewart is leading the team in scoring (20.5) rebounding (15.3) and blocks with 20. In her last time out against Central Connecticut State she earned her seventh double-double in a row when she scored 21 points and pulled in 16 rebounds. The double-double on Saturday afternoon was also her conference leading 13th of the season.
- On Saturday afternoon against Central Connecticut State sophomore guard Kate Mager scored a career-high 24 points. The guard went 7-12 from the field, including 6-10 from long range. In the first four games of conference play Mager has continued her pace of 11.8 points per game, which is good enough for second on the team.
- Graduate student Courtney Clasen has come on strong during NEC play almost averaging a double-double. Clasen is averaging 10.7 points and seven rebounds per game in conference. She is also tied for the lead in steals with 20 on the season.
- Head coach Monique LeBlanc is closing in on becoming the winningest coach in program history. LeBlanc needs just three more wins to pass current leader Debbie Cogan (120).
- Mount St. Mary’s is currently 8-7 on the season and 3-0 in NEC play. Sophomore’s Michaela Harrison and Jatarrikah Settle led the team in scoring with 11.8 points per game.
Scouting the Opposition
|Merrimack (9-6)||Stat Category||Mount St. Mary’s (8-7)|
|68.5||Points Per Game||67.5|
|59.7||Points Allowed Per Game||66.8|
|.395||Field Goal Percentage||.402|
|.352||Three-Point FG Percentage||.325|
|39.8||Rebounds Per Game||34.0|
|Denia Davis Stewart (18.9 ppg)||Points Leader||Harrison, Settle (11.8 ppg)|
|Davis-Stewart (13.8 rpg)||Rebounds Leader||Kendall Bresee (7.2 rpg)|
|Jayme DeCesare (3.7 apg)||Assists Leader||Bresee (3.6 apg)|
|Courtney Clasen (1.5 spg)||Steals Leader||Michaela Harrison (1.9 spg)|
|Davis-Stewart (5.0 bpg)||Blocks Leader||Rebecca Lee (1.3 bpg)|
The Warriors head to Pennsylvania on Saturday to take on Robert Morris. Tip off is set for 1 p.m.