Links: Final Results
CANTON, Mass. – The Merrimack College women’s golf program played in the Boston College Invitational for the first time on Monday and Tuesday, playing 54 holes of golf at the Blue Hill Country Club in Canton, Mass. The Warriors finished in 13th overall, playing a field of mostly Division I teams from across the country including Cal State Fullerton, Seattle University, and the host Eagles.
Top Finisher: Jordan LaPlume (78-79-81—238/+22 | T-48th)
Location: Blue Hill Country Club | Canton, Mass.
Course Info: Par 72 | 6,137 Yards
How It Happened
- Merrimack played two rounds on Monday while the final round wrapping up on Tuesday; the Warriors shot their best in the second round – holes No. 19-36 on Monday – shooting a 331 as a team
- Sophomore Jordan LaPlume led Merrimack for the third time in as many tournaments this fall, shooting the three lowest rounds of any Warrior to finish among the top-50 in the field
- Freshman Rachel Smith finished in second among of Merrimack’s five individuals, shooting a 252 over 54 holes. Her best round came in the second, when she shot a tournament-low 82
- Classmate Alexandra Tomasso finished just thre strokes behind her classmate in third (255). Graduate student Nina Harrington ranked fourth on Merrimack with 263, improving her round score in every round across the tournament
- Freshman Justine Cook shot a second-round 85, her best score of the tournament
1 Cal State Fullerton
2 Seattle University
3 University of Albany
4 Boston College
T5 Fairleigh Dickinson
7 Rollins College
8 St. John’s
10 Sacred Heart
14. Holy Cross
The Warriors will quickly return to the links, partaking in the Hartford Invitational on Saturday and Sunday this weekend at Wintonbury Hills Golf Club in Bloomfield, Conn.