Featuring a 15-game home slate, two NCAA Tournament participants, a trip to Happy Valley and the first three bouts ever against the newest member of Women’s Hockey East, head coach Erin Hamlen and the Merrimack College Athletic Department are pleased to announce the 2018-19 women’s ice hockey schedule.
Merrimack will have 15 home games and 19 road games for a 34-game regular season slate. The Warriors schedule will feature a pair of teams in Boston College and Northeastern that partook in the 2018 NCAA National Collegiate Women’s Ice Hockey Championship. They also will take on the newest member of the conference in Holy Cross for three games, and face off against three different teams from ECAC Women’s Hockey for five games.
“Opening up at home with Union will be especially motivating for our large senior class, as the last time we opened up at home was our inaugural season”, said Hamlen. “Our staff and team are looking forward to competing for both national recognition, and regaining a spot in the Hockey East playoffs.”
Merrimack made great strides in a 2017-18 season that featured a number of historic achievements. Merrimack not only tied its single-season record for total victories (11), it also set a new total for wins on the road (6). The Warriors had marquee victories over some of the nation’s top programs, including a historic road win early in the season at then-No. 3 Minnesota as part of a 2-0-0 start to the year following a season-opening road victory at perennial contender Boston University. Merrimack also tied nationally ranked St. Lawrence at home, while also earning road wins over two other ranked foes in Maine and Providence over the course of the year.
Merrimack was in contention for a second straight berth in the Hockey East Tournament throughout the season and narrowly missed out on the eight-team tournament. The return of the entirety of last year’s lineup, as well as another year of experience and an infusion of more young talent should have the Warriors primed for their best year yet in 2018-19.
2018-19 Schedule Highlights
- The Warriors will open the regular season with a two-game home series against Union on Sept. 28 and 29, before heading to Happy Valley and taking on Penn State for the second straight season over Columbus Day Weekend (Oct. 5 & Oct. 6).
- The Hockey East schedule will open against Boston University for the second straight season, when the Terriers come to Lawler Rink for a 7 p.m. puck drop on Friday, Oct. 12.
- Merrimack continues the Hockey East schedule with road games at Boston College (Oct. 19) and UConn (Oct. 20).
- The Warriors will then welcome Vermont for Homecoming Weekend on Friday, Oct. 26, before wrapping up the month of October on the road with the newest member of Hockey East with a clash against Holy Cross on Saturday, October 27.
- After a single road game at Maine to open up November, the Warriors will have a pair of home-and-home series with Holy Cross, beginning on Nov. 11 at Lawler Rink, before taking on Providence the following weekend to open the season series with the Friars.
- The Warriors will travel to Quinnipiac for a midweek game against another ECAC foe on Tuesday, Nov. 20, before regrouping over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Merrimack will resume action with a home-and-home series with New Hampshire on Friday, Nov. 30.
- After taking on Boston College on the road on Dec. 7, the Warriors will conclude their first-half schedule with a home game against the Eagles the following day.
- Merrimack opens the second half of the season on the road at Princeton for a two-game set to wrap up non-conference play and the 2018 calendar year.
- The Warriors will have an exhibition game against the HTI Stars to start the 2019 part of the schedule, before traveling to Burlington for a two-game road trip against the University of Vermont on Jan. 11-12.
- Maine will come to Lawler the following weekend for a two-game set, before a home-and-home series with Boston University wraps up the month of January.
- Merrimack will welcome Providence on Friday, Feb. 1 to open the final month of the regular season, before the Warriors play at Northeastern and New Hampshire the following weekend (Feb. 8-9)
- Connecticut will travel up to North Andover to conclude their series on Feb. 15-16, and the regular season wraps up with a home-and-home against Northeastern the following weekend, concluding with Senior Day on Saturday, Feb. 23.
2018-19 Women’s Ice Hockey Ticket Timeline
**Subject to change
- July 24 – New Season Tickets On Sale
- August 29 – First-half Promotional Schedule Unveiled
- September 7 – Single-Game Tickets On Sale