NORTH ANDOVER, Mass – The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team was shut out by Holy Cross 1-0 on Sunday afternoon in North Andover.
Score: Merrimack 0, Holy Cross 1
Records: Merrimack (4-12-2, 1-10-2 HEAW) | Holy Cross (3-11-3, 3-8-0 ECAC)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass
How It Happened
- Holy Cross scored two minutes into the game for the only goal of the night, as Emma Lange took a puck along the boards and brought it into the zone, cutting in for a goal through traffic.
- Merrimack outshot Holy Cross 12-6 in the first period and 30-29 on the afternoon, with each shot matched with a save by the Crusaders netminder.
- The Warriors were outshot in the second period, but rebounded in the third to match the Crusaders nine shots on goal.
Notes & Numbers
- Offensive leader Mikyla Grant-Mentis was held off the scoresheet for the first time in 11 games, despite her work with 10 shots and seven shots on goal in the game. Gabby Jones was the team’s second-highest shots on goal contributor with five.
- The Warriors power play, which lead Hockey East in conversion percentage, went 0-for-5 in the game.
- With the win, Holy Cross swept the season series against Merrimack.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (28 saves, 3-9-2) // Jada Brenon (30 saves, 3-10-2)
- Power Plays: 0-5 | 0-3
- Shots on Goal: 12-6 // 14-9 // 9-9 – 30-29
- Faceoffs: 32 // 26
- Blocks: 11 // 11
The Warriors will play their final games of the 2019 calendar year on Friday, Dec. 6 at home against New Hampshire at 6 p.m. before finishing up at New Hampshire on Saturday, Dec. 7 at 3 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.