Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team held the No. 3 Northeastern Huskies offense to a 3-0 final in the team’s last game on home ice at Lawler Rink Friday night.
Score: Merrimack 0, Northeastern 3
Records: Merrimack (5-23-5, 2-19-5 HEAW) | Northeastern (27-4-2, 23-3-0 HEAW)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- Northeastern made it 1-0 on a snapshot goal from Alina Mueller midway through the period to give the Huskies a lead.
- The second period was a scoreless back-and-forth affair, with Merrimack posting a game-high 12 shots on goal, while Lea-Kristine Demers turned aside 14 shots.
- The Huskies added two in the third, as Peyton Anderson found the back in the net at 8:54 of the period, before Miceala Sindoris gave the game its 3-0 final.
- At the conclusion of the game, the Warriors honored the careers four graduating seniors: goaltender Lea-Kristine Demers, forward Mikyla Grant-Mentis, defender Chloe Cook and forward Kate Bukolska for their career achievements.
Notes & Numbers
- Grant-Mentis led the team with six shots on goal, with Megan Fergusson and Dominika Laskova each had four shots in the game.
- Demers’ turned aside a game-high 14 shots on goal in the second, en route to a 36 save effort come the game’s conclusion.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (36 saves, 4-17-5) // Aerin Frankel (21 saves, 22-4-2)
- Power Plays: 0-2 | 0-4
- Shots on Goal: 5-11 // 12-14 // 4-11– 21-36
- Faceoffs: 29 // 24
- Blocks: 13 // 6
The Warriors will close out the season on the road at Northeastern, taking on the Huskies at Matthews Arena on Saturday, Feb. 22 with puck drop at 2 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.