Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.– The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team slipped against the Boston University Terriers, falling on the road 6-0 on Friday in the first of two games in the series.
Score: Merrimack 0, Boston University 6
Records: Merrimack (1-12-0, 1-12-0 HE) | Boston University (3-3-0, 3-3-0 HE)
Location: Walter Brown Arena | Boston, Mass.
How It Happened
- After an evenly matched open to the first, Boston University got the game’s first goal at 11:19, finishing with a backhanded shot off of a 2-on-1 break.
- BU scored the first of three second period goals three minutes into the frame, finishing on a play taken through center with a move to cut against the defense.
- Special teams got to work for the Terriers, scoring shorthanded following a defensive faceoff win for BU. The third of the period was tacked on at 18:58 on the power play for a 4-0 lead.
- The Terriers scored off of the opening faceoff of the third period, again shorthanded, for the game’s fifth tally. The hosts would add the sixth of the night at 13:46 of the final period.
- The Warriors offense fired 24 shots on goal, led by Dominika Laskova, Julia MacLean and Mack Emery notching three shots on goal apiece.
Notes & Numbers
- The Warriors finished the night even in shot attempts with the Terriers at 49 tries for both sides.
- Goaltenders: Emma Gorski (30 saves, 1-11-0) | Kate Stuart (24 saves, 1-1-0)
- Power Plays: MC 0-8 | BU 1-4
- Shots on Goal: MC 9, BU 11 | MC 10, BU 14 | MC 5, BU 10 | MC 24, BU 36
- Faceoffs: 27 MC | 15 BU
- Blocks: 9 MC | 13 BU
The Warriors will finish the weekend series with Boston University on Sunday at Lawler Rink, with puck drop at noon.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.