Links: Box Score
BELFAST, Northern Ireland – The Merrimack Warriors fell to the Quinnipiac Bobcats by a 3-1 final to close out the Friendship Series in Belfast on Sunday afternoon.
Score: Merrimack 1, Quinnipiac 3
Records: Merrimack (4-15-2, 1-12-2 HEAW) | Quinnipiac (10-7-2, 3-6-2 ECAC)
Location: SSE Arena | Belfast, Northern Ireland
How It Happened
- The team skated to a scoreless first period, with goaltender Emma Gorski turning aside 12 shots from Quinnipiac.
- In the second period the Bobcats took a lead midway through the period before the Warriors responded. Dominika Laskova, capturing a rebound in the slot to pull the game even at 1-1.
- Quinnipiac pulled away in the third, scoring a pair of goals for the 3-1 final, with both tallies coming on the power play.
Notes & Numbers
- Laskova was named the Warriors Player of the Game after her tally and two-point night yesterday.
- Merrimack’s team high shot total came in the third when the team punched seven shots on goal.
- Goaltenders: Emma Gorski (36 saves, 1-3-0) // Logan Angers (18 saves, 1-3-0)
- Power Plays: 0-4 | 2-4
- Shots on Goal: 6-12 // 7-18 // 6-9 – 19-39
- Faceoffs: 31 // 31
- Blocks: 14 // 10
Merrimack will swing back into conference play on Saturday, January 10, when the Warriors will travel to Burlington, Vermont to finish the season series against the Catamounts. Puck drop at Gutterson is at 2 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.