Links: Box Score
PROVIDENCE, RI – The Merrimack Warriors fell on the road against the Providence Friars 3-0 at Schneider Arena on Friday night.
Score: Merrimack 0, Providence 2
Records: Merrimack (4-20-4, 1-13-4 HEAW) | Providence (15-10-2, 11-8-0 HEAW)
Location: Schneider Arena | Providence, RI
How It Happened
- Providence scored the opener after a stretch pass through the neutral zone found a Friar who cut through the defense and lifted the puck in over Demers’ pad for a 1-0 lead.
- The Friars were held off the scoresheet in the second, as Demers made 11 saves.
- On the power play Providence doubled its lead as a player jumped on a rebound on a shot from the point.
- The third goal of the night came in the closing 90 seconds as Providence potted an empty net goal.
Notes & Numbers
- Goaltenders: Léa-Kristine Demers (39 saves, 3-14-4) // Sandra Abstreiter (14 saves, 7-5-0)
- Power Plays: 0-3 | 1-5
- Shots on Goal: 4-16 // 3-11 // 7-15– 14-42
- Faceoffs: 25 // 29
- Blocks: 21 // 12
Merrimack will be home for a pair of games, hosting the Northeastern Huskies for the first time this season for the team’s Skating Strides Against Cancer game on Friday, Feb. 7, before welcoming in the UNH Wildcats and the Bertagna Trophy Tour on Saturday, Feb. 8 at 2 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.