Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass.– The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team was outpaced in 3-0 loss to the University of New Hampshire Wildcats on Friday afternoon.
Score: Merrimack 0, New Hampshire 3
Records: Merrimack (1-8-0, 1-8-0 HE) | New Hampshire (4-10-1, 4-10-1 HE)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- After opening the game even, New Hampshire got on the board at the tail end of a power play at 17:26. The Wildcats corralled a rebound in the high slot, scoring on the doorstep for the first goal of the game.
- The Wildcats got their second of the game midway through the period, taking the puck end-to-end offensive opportunity, with New Hampshire finishing a shot from the top of the faceoff circle.
- UNH scored its third at 14:38 of the second, finishing on a tipped in shot from the slot.
- The Warriors offense peppered the Wildcats net with 18 shots, with junior Julia MacLean leading the team with three shots on goal.
Notes & Numbers
- Sophomore netminder Emma Gorski turned aside a barrage of shots for the Warriors, stopping 39 in her ninth start of the season.
- Goaltenders: Emma Gorski (39 saves, 1-8-0) | Ava Boutilier (18 saves, 4-8-1)
- Power Plays: MC 0-6 | UNH 1-4
- Shots on Goal: MC 4, UNH 10 | MC 7, UNH 11 | MC 7, UNH 21 | MC 18, UNH 42
- Faceoffs: 34 MC | 22 UNH
- Blocks: 17 MC | 13 UNH
The Warriors will finish the weekend series against the Wildcats tomorrow night at the Whittemore Center in Durham, NH with puck drop at 7 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.