Links: Box Score
BOSTON – The Merrimack women’s ice hockey ended the 2019-20 season with a 3-0 loss to the No. 3 Northeastern Huskies at Matthews Arena on Saturday afternoon.
Score: Merrimack 0, Northeastern 3
Records: Merrimack (5-24-5, 2-20-5 HEAW) | Northeastern (28-4-2, 24-3-0 HEAW)
Location: Matthews Arena | Boston, Mass.
How It Happened
- Northeastern made it 1-0 on a shorthanded goal by Alina Mueller at 9:31 of the first to take their first tally of the afternoon.
- In the second, the Huskies added a second goal quickly, as Brooke Hobson scored at 1:54 to double the home squad’s lead, with Mia Brown adding a third goal at 17:31.
- Maybe another goal goes here
Notes & Numbers
- In her final career appearance, Lea-Kristine Demers made 38 saves against the Huskies.
- Chloe Cook finished her career playing in every game during her four years, serving the blueline with 140 caps.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (38 saves, 4-18-5) // Aerin Frankel (21 saves, 23-4-2)
- Power Plays: 0-3 | 0-2
- Shots on Goal: 10-15 // 9-17 // 2-7– 21-39
- Faceoffs: 26 // 18
- Blocks: 16 // 10
The Warriors season has concluded, and the team is excited for more great action at Lawler Rink in the fall of 2020. Merrimack is excited to host the 2020 Women’s Hockey East Championships on March 7-8 at Lawler Rink.