Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. – The Merrimack Warriors were led by a lights-out performance by Léa Kristine Demers to earn a 1-1 tie against the No. 7/8 Boston University Terriers at Walter Brown Arena on Saturday night.
Score: Merrimack 3, Boston University 6
Records: Merrimack (4-19-4, 1-13-4 HEAW) | Boston University (17-5-3, 12-5-3 HEAW)
Location: Lawler Rink | North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- BU scored the game’s first goal before Dominika Laskova responded three minutes later, handling a feed from center ice, walking in and firing over the goaltender’s shoulder.
- The Terriers added a trio of goals, with two coming in the second and another in the opening 90 seconds of the third to hold a 4-1 lead.
- Merrimack got one back as Courtney Maud grabbed the puck in the neutral zone, taking the space unchallenged across the faceoff circle, stickhandling for the shot before firing it bar down to make it a two goal game.
- Boston University added another, before Chloe Cook skated in through space across the faceoff circle on the far side unmarked, firing in a shot on the open half of the net.
- The Terriers struck for the final goal of the night at 16:42 of the third for their sixth tally of the night.
Notes & Numbers
- Maud scored her second of the weekend against the Terriers, and is now second on the team in goals and fourth in points.
- Goaltenders: Léa-Kristine Demers (39 saves, 3-13-4) // Corinne Schroeder (13 saves, 12-4-2)
- Power Plays: 0-2 | 2-4
- Shots on Goal: 6-19 // 7-12 // 3-14– 24-36
- Faceoffs: 28 // 30
- Blocks: 15 // 10
The Warriors travel to Providence, Rhode Island to finish the season series against the Friars at Schneider Arena on Friday, January 31 with puck drop at 6 p.m.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter, Instagram and on Facebook.