Links: Box Score
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. —The Merrimack women’s ice hockey team took a tough 8-0 loss at No. 7/7 Boston College Eagles at Kelley Rink on Friday night.
Score: Merrimack 0, Boston College 8
Records: Merrimack (2-3-1, 0-3-1 HEAW) | BC (5-0-0, 4-0-0 HEAW)
Location: Kelley Rink | Chestnut Hill, Mass.
How It Happened
- Boston College took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission after a goal 7:53 into the period.
- The Eagles would score 48 seconds into the second period to kickstart its offensive burst for the period, scoring again at 8:02.
- During a 4-on-4 Boston College scored twice, 50 seconds apart to make it 5-0.
- On a five-minute major to close out the period, the Eagles added another for their last of the middle frame. The hosts would score two more in the third period for the 8-0 final.
Notes & Numbers
- Merrimack had 13 blocked shots on the night, in addition to 32 face-off wins.
- Senior Mikyla Grant-Mentis led the team in shots on goal with four. Freshman Lauren Mac Lean, junior Dominika Laskova, freshman Allison Reeb and sophomore Keisha DiCaire with two each.
- Goaltenders: Lea-Kristine Demers (29 saves, 1-3-1), // Kelly Pickreign (18 saves, 1-0-0)
- Power Plays: 0-1 | 1-2
- Shots on Goal: 4-17 // 14-28 // 14-11 – 18-37
- Faceoffs: 32 // 34
- Blocks: 14 // 7
Merrimack returns to Lawler Rink on Saturday afternoon for another conference contest, the first of the year against UConn at 4 p.m.