Links: Box Score
NORTH ANDOVER, MASS. – The Merrimack College women’s lacrosse team lost to the College of Holy Cross on Tuesday night by a score of 14-6. Junior Catherine Mahanna scored her first hat trick of the season in the defeat. Freshman Kelly Corrigan scored her first and second goals of her career in the first half. Junior Vicki Palmer added one goal late in the game for the Warriors.
Score: Merrimack 6, Holy Cross 14
Records: Merrimack (1-6) | Holy Cross (5-3)
Location: North Andover, Mass.
How It Happened
- Holy Cross opened up the game on a four-goal run. The Warriors answered back with Mahanna’s first goal of the game. The Crusaders scored two more time before Corrigan found the back of the net for the first time in her Warrior career. Holy Cross ripped two goals to take an 8-2 lead. Corrigan scored the final goal of the half to put the Warriors down five heading into the locker rooms. Junior Taylor Darrell had the assist on the goal by Corrigan.
- The Crusaders opened up with a goal less then a minute into the second half. Mahanna answered with her second goal of the game to put the Warriors down 9-4. Holy Cross then scored five unanswered goals to take a 10-point lead. With just over eight minutes to go Mahanna scored her third goal of the game. Junior Kyra Clinton passed the ball to a cutting Palmer for the final goal of the game.
Notes & Numbers
- Senior goalkeeper Tammy Nguyen had 15 saves on the afternoon.
- Freshman Olivia Piazza scooped up four groundballs in the loss
- Junior Kelsey Daly had three caused turnovers for the Warriors
- Shots (MER-HC): 27-36 (15-29 SOG)
- Draw Controls (MER-HC): 8-14 Ground Balls (MER-HC): 16-26
- Turnovers (MER-HC): 19-16 // Clears (MER-HC): 17-22 // 21-26
The Warriors stay at home for a matchup with UMass Lowell. The game is set for next Tuesday, March 17th at 6 p.m.