Links: Box Score
EASTON, PA. – The Merrimack College women’s lacrosse six goals in the second half, but it wasn’t enough to beat Lafayette College. Junior Haley Bartlett scored four goals on the afternoon, including a hat trick in under a minute. Senior Olivia Colletti added two goals for the Warriors. Junior classmates Catherine Mahanna and Taylor Darrell also scored one goal apiece in the loss.
Score: Merrimack 8, Lafayette 11
Records: Merrimack (1-4) | Lafayette (2-0)
Location: Easton, PA.
How It Happened
- Lafayette opened up the game with three lead. Darrell got the Warriors on the board with her eighth goal of the season. The Leopards scored five unanswered goal in the middle of the first half to extend their lead to seven. Mahanna ended the run with just over two minutes left to play in the half. Lafayette scored once more to make the halftime lead seven.
- In the second half, Bartlett scored the first four goals for the Warriors to bring them back in the game. Three of the goals were in under a minute. All four goals were assisted by senior Ally DaCosta. Lafayette scored with just under 20 minutes left in the half to go up four. Colletti scored her fifth and sixth goals of the season to put the Warriors down just two with 12 minutes to go. The Leopards scored the final goal of the game to take home a four-point win.
Notes & Numbers
- Senior goalkeeper Tammy Nguyen had 15 saves on the afternoon.
- Junior Meghan Dzialo led the team in ground balls with three on the game.
- Shots (MER-LC): 21-39 (15-26 SOG)
- Draw Controls (MER-LC): 8-13 Ground Balls (MER-LC): 14-19
- Turnovers (MER-LC): 19-11 // Clears (MER-LC): 14-21 // 16-18
The Warriors travel to Drexel on March 2nd. Gametime is set for 4 p.m. in Philadelphia.