Links: Box Score
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – The Merrimack College women’s lacrosse suffers its fifth loss of the season in tonight’s game against Drexel University. Senior Ally DaCosta, and juniors Meghan Dzialo and Haley Bartlett had two goals each for the Warriors. With the loss, Merrimack moves to 1-5 on the young season.
Score: Merrimack 6, Drexel 14
Records: Merrimack (1-5) | Drexel (3-2)
Location: Philadelphia, PA.
How It Happened
- Drexel opened the game up with six unanswered goals. DaCosta stopped the run with her sixth goal of the season. The Dragons scored five more goals before the end of the quarter. Merrimack had six shots in the quarter, including four of them which were on goal. Senior goalkeeper Tammy Nguyen had six saves in the first frame.
- The Dragons scored the first goal of the second half. Dzialo answered with her first goal of the night that put the Warriors down 10. After another Drexel goal, DaCosta scored her second goal of the game. The Dragons found the back of the net with their 14th goal of the game. Merrimack answered with three goals to end of the game. The first was by Dzialo with just under five minutes left in the game and the others were by Bartlett. Both Bartlett goals were assisted by DaCosta.
Notes & Numbers
- Freshman Courtney Dishaw had 14 second half saves for the Warriors
- Juniors Isabella Tersoni and Catherine Mahanna led the team in groundballs with two each
- Shots (MER-DU): 20-32 (15-24 SOG)
- Draw Controls (MER-DU): 9-13 Ground Balls (MER-DU): 12-18
- Turnovers (MER-DU): 15-12 // Clears (MER-DU): 13-17 // 12-15
The Warriors play their second home game of the season against the College of Holy Cross. The game is set for March 10th at 4 p.m.