WALTHAM, Mass. – The Merrimack College women’s soccer team lost to Bentley University, 2-0, on Wednesday afternoon during Northeast-10 Conference play at Bentley Field.
Score: Bentley 2, Merrimack 0
Records: Bentley (3-1, 1-1 NE10) | Merrimack (2-2, 0-2 NE10)
Location: Bentley Field | Waltham, Mass.
How It Happened
- Brandi McDonald took a cross from Marissa Burns at the six-yard line and headed the ball into the net for a 1-0 Falcons lead in the eighth minute.
- In the ensuing minutes, the Warriors looked to tie the game up. Seniors Jorgi Adee (Whitinsville, Mass.) and Sarah Boucher(Northbridge, Mass.) both blasted shots on net, that were turned away.
- The Falcons, however, added to their lead in the 19th minute as Sammy Millmann fired a shot from 30 yards out just underneath the crossbar.
- 39′ – The Warriors were given a penalty shot and chance to cut the lead in half. However, the Falcons keeper turned the attempt away.
- Boucher had a pair of shots in the final minutes of play, the latter one hitting the post. Sophomore Jackie Ireland (Attleborough, Mass.) followed up the rebound with a shot of her own that sailed just over the net in the final minute.
Inside The Numbers
- Coincidentally, the last time Merrimack was shutout was Oct. 12, 2016 at home against Bentley with the same outcome.
- Merrimack has out shot its opponents 68-35 this season.
- Shots (SOG): MER –11 (4) // BEN – 10 (3)
- Corners: MER – 2 // BEN – 4
The Warriors return to Martone-Mejail Field on Saturday, Sept. 16 for their home-opener against No. 7 LIU Post in a non-conference tilt. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m.