NORTH ANDOVER, Mass—The Merrimack women’s soccer team lost 3-2 in double overtime to Northeast Conference opponent Saint Francis University. Red Flash senior Alyssa McGee scored the game winner in the 105th minute of the game.
Score: Merrimack 2, Saint Francis 3
Records: Merrimack (3-12-0, 1-7-0 NEC) | Saint Francis (6-8-1, 5-3 NEC)
Location: Martone-Mejail Field | North Andover, Mass.
- The Warriors struck first on a goal by sophomore Rebecca Hardy which was assisted by Erin Tyldesley. The goal was Hardy’s second of the season.
- Merrimack added to the lead in the 46th minute with a goal from Molly Murnane that was assisted by Izzy McDonnell
- Saint Francis scored there first goal of the game in the 62nd minute. McGhee found the back of the net to cut the Warrior lead to one.
- Six minutes later Emille Barnett scored the equalizer to tie things up for the Red Flash
- Half way through the second overtime period McGhee scored her second goal of the night to give the Red Flash the lead.
Stats & Figures
- Goalkeepers Megan Langlois and Erin Fulton combined for 12 saves on the night
- Merrimack had 13 shots on goal, compared to Saint Francis who had 15
- The Warriors lead in corners 7-6
The Warriors play again on Sunday, October 27th when they take on Robert Morris on Martone-Mejail Field.