PROVIDENCE, RI—The Merrimack women’s soccer team ended their 2019 season with a close contest at No. 18 Brown University 2-0 on Tuesday night.
Score: Brown 2, Merrimack 0
Records: Merrimack (3-14-1, 1-8-1 NEC) | Brown (14-1-1, 6-0-0 Ivy)
Location: Providence, RI | Stevenson-Pincince Field
- Brown scored two goals, with one in each half. In the 33rd minute, Brown captured a rebound after a free kick, before the 85th minute goal, which was a rebound in front off of the crossbar to finish the game.
- Merrimack had six shots and a shot on goal in the game, but were overmatched by Brown.
Stats & Figures
- Brown had 14 corner kicks, contributing to its 26 shots on goal overall in the match.
- Erin Fulton played 50 minutes in goal, facing 13 shots and made four saves. Megan Langlois came in for 40 minutes, with 12 shots faced and four saves.
- The only shot on goal from Merrimack came from starter Molly Murnane, with three shots in the game.
Merrimack has concluded its 2019 season and looks forward to another year of great NEC action at Martone-Mejail Field next fall.
For continuing coverage of Merrimack College Athletics, visit MerrimackAthletics.com and follow the Warriors on Twitter and on Facebook.