Spearheaded by alum and road race director Dave McGillivray ’76, Merrimack College will play host to the first-ever Runner’s World Classic in July, bringing together runners of all levels and ages for a weekend’s worth of festivities on campus.
The three-day event, which will be held July 15-17, 2016, will be centered around three races – a 5K, a 10K and a half-marathon – with each race starting and ending on campus.REGISTRATION SPOTS ARE FILLING UP QUICKLY; DON’T WAIT – REGISTER TODAY!
The editors of Runner’s World magazine and McGillivray were instrumental in the formation of the weekend-long event. The race courses will feature a start and finish on campus, and will take runners through historic downtown Andover and past the famous grounds of Andover Phillips Academy and through a tree-lined, shaded residential community.
Along with the three races, other weekend activities include:
- Seminars presented by top industry leaders
- Half marathon on Sunday
- Live music after the half marathon (Sunday)
- Pre-race dinner with Runner’s World editors (Saturday)
- Kids races and children’s programming (Friday)
- 5K and 10K races (Saturday)
- Celebrity Mile (Saturday)
Of course, multiple-race options for the weekend include:
- The Hat Trick – 5K, 10K, and Half Marathon
- The Five & Dime – 5K and 10K